1. Account was made recently 2015, 2016.
2. Account has no history published for earlier years, but Facebook says they have been a member since 2009, etc.
3. Most fake accounts have 1 image or no real profile photo of the person. Some may only have a select few photos over a long span of time. A well-seasoned user would have more photos posted over a long period of time. A fake account may have 7-10 photos posted on the same day.
4. User has very few friends in common and or friends in general.
5. There is little to no interaction on their page with friends, any comments, likes or responses over their long time line.
6. Profile picture seems to good to be true, that hot model added you today. They even messaged you and are interested in you or send you links for a private chat
7. When in doubt use reverse image search. Take their image and see if it is a real person or not.